Hair is everything and anyone who denies it is in the wrong. People all around the world are obsessed with hair. So, opening a salon store might seem like a good idea. But, it feels like a new salon is opening every other week. With so much competition, it feels difficult to keep slaying and be on top of things. If you do not watch your back, someone else will come and snatch that top spot. But, on the other hand, you don’t want to lose your loyal customers just because the salon across the street has renovated its place. Continue reading for practical tips that will help you boost your business.
Out With The Old:
The old, rusty look has to go. When people come to your shop, they come for the expert services; agreed. But the new customers do not know how well the barbers are with their scissors. So, to attract new customers, you must modify the décor. Therefore, remove the old chairs and the cupboards, and the mirrors. A salon is all about mirrors; therefore, if you do not have shiny new mirrors, people will have a hard time seeing the end result after a fabulous cut.
In With The New:
Once you get rid of the old stuff, it is time to install new ones. You can use mirrors on both walls to create an illusion. Mirrors can make a space appear bigger than it is. So, make use of mirrors in the best possible way you can.
- Another aspect of décor that you cannot ignore is the lighting. If you are running a salon business, you must know how to use lighting to your advantage. Having big windows in the salon is a plus for the business. Let the natural light shine on the interiors. Sunlight makes everything bright and beautiful.
- Lighting also makes a space more open and fresh. Therefore, make sure you install mood lighting to create ambiance. There are different types of lighting available in the market. Use accent lighting to create a posh look in your salon. Consider getting LED lights if you want to cut down on monthly bills.
Before installing new mirrors, lights, and carpets on the floor, look around. Do you see the color fading on the walls? Is the floor not shiny anymore? A poorly designed home can put a damper on your business. Therefore, consider repainting to get that new glow in the workhouse.
- You must start on top and then move downward. To put it more plainly, start the renovation work from the ceiling, the walls, and the floors. Pick a color that suits well to the theme of your salon. You can either go with neutral tones such as shades of white, sea green, or pop of color.
- Most businesses choose an epoxy floor as it gives you a brand-new shine that lasts years after years. Learn more about epoxy floor paint that will help you keep the floor looking shiny for a long.
- If you have a small space for the salon, try painting the ceiling the same color as the walls. This will allow the viewer to go upward, and the space will appear bigger.